The glory of business is not to make money out of it alone, but to make progress in it, to develop men and women and methods and products, to improve the state of the art.J. R. McWane
Current Career Opportunities at Futurecom
Senior Embedded Application Developer
Futurecom System Group ULC founded in 1991 has established itself as the leader in mobile repeaters for Public Safety First Responders. Our customers have very demanding requirements and rely heavily on their wireless network to deliver high availability and secure communications under the most extreme conditions. Futurecom’s variety of wireless RF products are used by Governments, Oil&Gas, Mining, Utilities and the Military.
We are looking for a senior embedded application developer, responsible for leading development efforts of our embedded product. The successful individual will work with a diverse group of engineers and software developers to architect and implement mission critical solutions.
The successful candidate will be involved with a team of customers, business managers and partner feature architects interpreting customer needs. He/She will develop flexible radio solutions that work in Narrowband and Broadband for first responders.
The responsibilities include helping to elaborate customer requirements, documenting the software architecture design, implementation, developer testing and troubleshooting issues found in QA and/or production.
Actively participate and where appropriate, provide effective leadership as a software engineering professional within the scope of Futurecom’s Public Safety Wireless Products.
The individual should have embedded application development experience in C/C++ for the Linux OS.
Responsibilities may include:
- Preparation of high-level and/or low-level system, subsystem and/or software design specifications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Support of Effort Estimates and/or Work Plans and Schedules
- Interfacing to custom hardware devices and controllers
- Participation in testing cycles including collection and analysis of results
- Identify and eliminate bugs, and devise solutions to encountered issues or problems
- Maintain code quality, organization, and documentation of the code and solutions in JIRA, GIT and other tools
- Participation in Field and/or Customer support activities as required
- Occasional Travel may be required
- Candidates should have 5-7 years direct experience working directly in the development of radio products (system, hardware design, integration, or test)
- Demonstrated background in the system design and/or hardware design of radios or major radio components such as power amplifiers, filters, transceivers, antennas
- Background in communications theory and digital signal processing is a must
- Knowledge of TIA and/or 3GPP specifications, especially in radio performance characteristics
- Working experience of Digital Wireless technologies (P25, LTE, Tetra, 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi) would be an asset
- Working experience with two-way radio (LMR, SMRs, FRS, EDACS, HAM) would be an asset
- Experience with embedded systems design, low-level hardware interactions required
- Strong proficiency in C language is a must
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
- Working knowledge of FDMA and TDMA
- Working knowledge of C4FM, CQPSK, H-DQPSK, H-CPM modulations is an asset
- Knowledge of TI Code Composer Studio an asset
- Familiarity with tools such as Valgrind, Lint and SonarQube is an asset
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Bitbucket is an asset
- Experience with P25 Phase 1 and 2 an asset
- Must have excellent English language communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- BS or MS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required for this role.
- Eligibility for licensing by PEO is an asset
To Apply please submit your resume to: email@example.com