The glory of business is not to make money out of it alone, but to make progress in it, to develop men and women and methods and products, to improve the state of the art.J. R. McWane
Current Career Opportunites at Futurecom
Company Futurecom Systems Group, ULC.
Location Concord, ON Canada
Reporting Relationship Chief Executive Officer
Job Posting Date: January 18, 2018
Futurecom develops, designs and manufactures vehicle, suitcase and fixed mount RF (radio
frequency) coverage extension products for public safety/first responder users. Developed
primarily for systems following the APCO (Association of Public-Safety Communications
Officials) P25 standard, Futurecom products provide users with enhanced safety and security by
extending voice coverage to challenging RF environments. Futurecom products are sold
exclusively world wide through Motorola Solutions, Inc.
Founded in 1991 by a small group of radio engineers from GE Mobile Radio, we've grown to
employ more than 60 experienced professionals across our sales, engineering, and operations
departments. Operating out of Concord, Ontario, Futurecom has grown to encompass a 25,000
square feet facility, including a manufacturing plant. Our continued success as a company can
be attributed to our engineering expertise, responsive customer support, and innovative
In 2012, Futurecom was acquired by McWane Inc., a family-owned business located in
Birmingham Alabama. McWane is one of the world's largest manufacturers of iron water works
and plumbing products, and one of America's largest privately-owned companies.
When first responders need RF coverage, they bring Futurecom.
The Futurecom Culture: Commit, Communicate, Deliver
At Futurecom, both internally and externally, we commit to our customers. We then
continuously communicate with them to advise on the status of our commitments and to
understand changes in their requirements, so we can rapidly adapt to their needs. Ultimately it
is about Futurecom delivering on our commitments.
- Directs and oversees all phases of the Company's accounting function, financial reporting,
execution of operational accounting policy, and global revenue accounting, ensures
compliance with appropriate GAAP standards, regulatory requirements and corporate policy.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Directs and oversees all accounting operations including all general ledger responsibilities,
disbursements & A/P, fixed assets, payroll and other functions. Additionally, will manage the
- Responsible for internal controls, process, people, and team building. Operating within the
organization, this professional will interact with their internal team members, including the
CEO, production, operations, sales and the support staff.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of company
- Directs the timely preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Oversee the preparation of financial analysis for contract negotiations and product
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively
accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Manages cash flow to assure the Company meets all payment obligations in accordance
with its commitments.
- Maintains internal control process and procedures that provide sufficient levels of checks
and balances to assure safeguarding of Company assets.
- 12+ years of experience. Three or more years of progressive accounting/audit experience
with a big four accounting firm and eight or more years industry experience as a hands-on
leader with extensive experience working with a manufacturing ERP system.
Telecommunications company experience is a plus. Working knowledge and experience with
Microsoft Dynamic AX also a plus.
- Knowledge of both Canadian federal and provincial financial regulations as well as American
federal and state financial regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Additionally, exceptional interpersonal,
presentation and Microsoft Office Suites skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
An undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business is required, as well as an active CPA
license. An MBA is preferred.
SHORT TERM CRITICAL GOALS/PROJECTS
1. Partner to the CEO on evaluating and supporting growth, operational efficiencies, and
supply chain management
2. Partner to the CEO in scaling the organization in the face of an increasingly complex
business environment and expanding product line
3. Executive sponsor/owner of the company’s ERP migration project.
If you are qualified and experienced CFO please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please include subject line stating "Chief Financial Officer"